The purpose of the District Intensive Support Team is to develop intensive, individualized programs of support for students with significant difficulties that involve specialized skills beyond the capacity of staff within the school. Due to the high level challenges students face at this level, it is important that the team include individuals with knowledge and skills in specific content areas (e.g., reading, behavior analysis). This team involves expertise from individuals working at the district level (Local School District or Intermediate School District).
- Provide program development and support around individual students
- Provide technical, content and procedural expertise regarding specific topic areas
- Respond to needs as identified by coaches, principals, district leaders and teams
- Develop and provide tools for implementation and sustainability of initiative
- Provide professional development opportunities and practice
- Provide additional analysis of data and information as needed and identified by teams, principals, coaches & district-level leaders