An Intermediate School District (ISD) Leaderhsip Team made of individuals within the ISD school community who can promote funding, visibility, and political support around priority initiatives while leading and increasing the working capacity to support implementation efforts.
The function of this team is to set up the necessary and sufficient conditions for Local Education Agency leadership teams to be effective in supporting implementation at the building level. This function is similar to that of the Local District Leadership Team. The main difference is the focus of support. While the local district team supports the schools within the district, the ISD team provides guidance and support to the local district leadership.
Levels of Work
There are four main levels of work for the ISD Leadership Team
- Preparing for and Organization of Leadership Team
- Creating Readiness for Local Implementation
- Developing commitment (priority)
- Develop or enhance infrastructure (local team structures)
- Developing implementation capacity
- Focus on fidelity